Back pain can range in severity and occur in different areas of the back. It has many causes and most people will deal with back pain at one point or another. While it can be debilitating, it can be treated through chiropractic care. Located in Lindstrom, Lake and Leaf Chiropractic offers a variety of chiropractic services. Our chiropractor, Dr. Gormanson can create a personalized care plan to help you manage your back pain.
What Causes Back Pain?
Anyone can experience back pain, but certain factors, such as your age, weight, and job, can increase the risk of pain. Pain often occurs in the lower back, but can also appear in the middle and upper back. Depending on the cause of your pain, you may experience sharp, stabbing pain or a dull ache. While several factors can contribute to back pain, some common causes include:
- Poor posture
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Herniated discs
- Improper lifting technique
- Muscle strains
How Chiropractic Care Treats Back Pain
Chiropractic care is one of the most effective ways to treat and manage back pain. During your first appointment, Dr. Gormanson will examine your back to look for signs of injury and determine the cause of your pain. You will receive a personalized care plan that may include treatments such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractors use manipulation and adjustments to release pressure on your joints and spines. This technique can correct issues with spinal alignment that may be contributing to your pain. Adjustments can also target specific parts of your body, like your middle back.
- Manual therapies: Soft tissue massage, trigger point therapy, and other manual therapies are used to relieve tension in your back. If you're dealing with stiffness and back pain, these therapies could provide fast relief.
- Stretches and exercises: Strengthening the muscles in your upper, middle, and lower back can help you avoid pain and injuries in the future.
- Lifestyle and nutritional advice: Dr. Gormanson promotes whole-body wellness, which is why your treatment plan may also include changes to your diet and exercise routine.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor
Whether you have a stiff upper back, struggle with middle back pain, or have an aching lower back, chiropractic care is one of the best ways to relieve your back pain. When you visit Lake and Leaf Chiropractic in Lindstrom, you will receive treatment that's customized to fit your needs. Call our team today at (651) 257-2300 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.